Thank you for joining us for our Virtual Community Yearly Meeting.
And a big THANK YOU to our wonderful tech volunteers and committee members.
Please fill out the evaluation for our 2020 gathering.
More about our Keynote Speaker:
C. Wess Daniels, Quaker author, educator, intellectual, and theologian, will be our keynote speaker. Wess, 41, is Director of Friends Center and Quaker Studies at Guilford College in Greensboro, North Carolina. A self-described convergent Friend, Wess probes the roots of Christianity and Quakerism and how to integrate these truths into the faith and practice of living as Friends in today’s world.
Wess has a PhD from Fuller Theological Seminary in California. He is a recorded Quaker minister and has pastored at Barberton (Ohio) and Camas (WA) Evangelical Friends Churches. He is active with the students at Guilford and a board member of Quaker Voluntary Service.
He and his wife Emily Daniels have three children.
His most recent book: Resisting Empire: The Book of Revelation as Resistance.
Wess’ blog: Gathering In Light
Intermountain Yearly Meeting
Call to 2020 Virtual Community Yearly Meeting
June 18-21, 2020
“Being Here, Now…Together”
The co-clerks of IMYM, together with the Clerks of Arrangements and Representatives, invite Friends of all ages in our community: for spiritual enrichment, the desire/need for socialization (and FUN!), creativity, and building/strengthening community, while keeping all IMYM Friends safe.
We are working to present IMYM as an accessible set of sessions that will allow us to include Friends who have different schedules or distances or needs to meet and share in our community.
Come, meet, connect and share with all of IMYM. We will meet through virtual sessions (primarily Zoom) over four days. (We need volunteers to help with virtual sessions.*)
We will offer:
- Two sessions with our keynote speaker, Wess Daniels. Wess is a self-described convergent Friend who probes the roots of Christianity and Quakerism and how to integrate these truths into the faith and practice of living as Friends in today’s world. We will hear his talk and then offer a question and answer session.
- Worship Sharing. We will discuss queries in smaller groups
- Two sessions of Meeting for Business. Each will allow voices to be heard.
- Interest Sections. Spiritual enrichment, socialization, creativity and community will be shared. (Interested in an interest section? Email: IMYMclerk@gmail.com)
- Youth Programs
- Informal Meeting and Sharing Sessions
Documents in Advance will also be posted soon.
Everyone is welcome to attend for as much of the gathering as they can. We ask that Friends prayerfully consider what they can afford for the annual gathering, and pay as they are led.