Current Seasoning by IMYM MMs (and P&SC Committee)
- Challenging Racism – FGC Resources: Help your meeting challenge racism and Yearly Meeting resources on race & racism. – 2016-2017 Minute associated with FGC Institutional Assessment – AFSC Resources: Ending Discrimination, Sanctuary Everywhere, Youth Undoing Institutional Racism.
- Indigenous Rights – Process Minutes on the 2014 Minute to Affirm the UN Declaration on Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) – Submitted to the IMYM Annual Gathering 2015 (Additional resources available in “Groups, News & Reports (2018-2019)” below.) – Video Resource Paula Palmer at FGC 2018 – Group: Friends for Right Relationship
- Climate Action – FWCC Sustainability Call for Action , Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) – Epistle from Rapid City, SD – letter for a carbon fee & dividend or calling for action on climate. Group: IMYM P&SC Climate Concerns
Groups, News & Reports (2018-2019)
- Google groups on specific areas of concern – Coordinators/Clerks are sought for each area of concern – e.g. – Right Relationships, Border Concerns, Climate Concerns. Please contact the IMYM P&SC Committee for questions or for hosting of additional area(s) of concern.
- Affiliation with QEW (Quaker Earthcare Witness) 3-Year exploration
- OCT 2-3rd Opportunity to Support Quaker “Truth, Reconciliation, and Healing” – Paula Palmer is honored to be invited to speak about her research on the Quaker Indian Boarding Schools at the Oct 2-3 conference of the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition. Can you help cover her direct expenses ($1,200) so that she can address the conference as a Quaker? Tax-deductible donations can be made online (scroll to the bottom of the page for instructions). If you would like more information, this very moving article from YES! Magazine documents the connection between the Indian boarding schools and the experience of historical and multigenerational trauma in Native communities today.
Action Minutes that have been approved by IMYM
- Minutes of Concern IMYM 2018 (Gun Violence, Human Rights on Border, North Korea Diplomacy)
- Summary of Minutes 2016-2017 (FGC Institutional Assessment, Border Convergence, Nuclear Weapons, Support of Planned Parenthood)
- Nuclear Weapons, and Planned Parenthood (approved 2016)
- Minute to Affirm the UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (approved 2014)
- National Religious Campaign Against Torture (NRCAT) (approved 2013)
Past Reports – Archive